Friday, April 01, 2011

1812! Cannons! Bells! Free Cookies!



The Madison Community Orchestra (I play in the second violin section) is giving a concert Sunday.

We will be joined by local pianist, Anthony Cao, playing Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue and a selection of jazz standards. We will also perform Sullivan’s Overture from The Mikado and will finish with a bang, playing Tchaikovsky’s “1812” Overture and very realistic recorded canon and bells.

The concert is this Sunday afternoon, April 3, 2011 at 3:00p.m. in Mitby Theater at MATC (3550 Anderson St., Madison). Admission and parking are FREE – everyone is invited – and there will be a reception after the concert in the Mitby Theater lobby.

At the reception refreshments will be served. I'm planning on making my double chocolate cherry cookies (aka the greatest cookies in the known universe).

I think this will be an exciting concert. If you live in the Madison area, I recommend it!

No comments: